Wednesday, March 25, 2015

East Tennessee Plant Swap---a great venue for FREE Plants

When I first heard about the East Tennessee Plant Swap I thought there must be a catch---free plants??? I decided to go to a meeting---2 are held each year---one in May and one in October--and check it out. I found it to be true.
Each meeting of the Plant Swap has been a grand event. Approximately 30 to 40 very nice, friendly and helpful gardeners meet to swap plants, share a potluck lunch and talk about growing things. There is absolutely no money allowed even if you want to pay for some of the more exotic and expensive plants.
IF you do not have plants to swap, you can attend anyway. Bring something to share---even if it is paper cups. Over the years I have taken items to swap such as cloth bags
I made from fabric remnants, garden signs made by my son and daughter, pot holders, books, strudy plastic bags for hauling plants home and seeds. I have been given hundreds of plants.
My favorite plants are lilies, irises and cannas. My yard is filled with a variety of colors and breeds of these as well as many other shrubs, vines and even trees.
Check out the web site. I made those photos as I handle their publicity.
Come and join us; you will be happy you did.

No comments: