Thursday, March 12, 2015

Warmer temperatures sent me into a flurry of efforts with my sewing machine. Made more purses. Love this hobby. Enjoy the creative output and the production of something useful while also pretty.








Each purse is fully lined. It takes 3 or 4 fabric swatches to make each bag. 2 or 3 for the sides, front and back and one for the handles. I use donated fabric or old clothing for the lining. I enjoy planning each bag and matching the swatches together into something harmonious. Using old clothing for the lining saves money and keeps items out of the landfill. I am very fortunate that friends donated old clothing and table cloths to me for my projects. I am planning to attend the Spring meeting of the East Tennessee Plant Swap and need about 30 bags to give away at that event. Looking forward to enjoying the smiles I see when people choose their free bags. A local furniture store donates fabric remnants to me. I won't say which one because I don't want anyone to mess with my great deal.

No comments: