Sunday, April 26, 2015

Games of Thrones 9 p.m. Mad Men 10 p.m. What could be better?

Love the Games of Thrones and Mad Men, but Game of Thrones is excessively violent for my taste.

I have not read the books, but I do read the spoilers posted on line and I understand that Daenerys flies away on the back of one of her dragons and never returns. Let's see if the TV show sticks with that plot line.

In Mad Men Joan and Peggy are my favorite characters. I kind of get the feeling that Don Draper will die at the end, but I do not know why I get that impression. They will probably keep him alive so they can do a Mad Men movie and a reunion show ever so many years to keep the money flowing. I like Peggy because she is so real. I often did work that others took credit for so I know how she feels.

I also like Roger because he gets the most humorous lines. I did like Don, but he has turned out to be such a bad person always cheating on his wives and a solid drunk. I do not find him appealing. I agree with his daughter when she called him out about flirting with her 17 year old friend.

Wow, has the guy who plays Glenn ever changed? He used to be a chubby kid, but now he is a heart throb.

The character I like the least is Peter. What a selfish prick!

Oh well, they are all fictional, but it has been a different kind of show and has depicted the 50s, 60s and 70s very much like they were in real life. As a 66 year old woman I clearly remember wearing those hair styles and clothing fashions. People used to dress up and care about their appearance, men wore hats and no one would leave the house with skin showing. Oh, well, the good old days are gone forever.

No comments: